Pages

Friday 14 March 2014

Probability What it means

Probability is all about chance.
Let’s work out how to use words about probability.
impossible
possible
probable
likely
unlikely
certain

Choose the correct word from the list above to write after each sentence.

  1. I will wear a red shirt to school tomorrow. certain
  2. An umbrella will be useful most days in Auckland during winter.likely
  3. Every person I see at the supermarket will be a man.IMPOSSIBLE
  4. Mum will give me $100 for cleaning my room tonight.unlikely
  5. Pt England is New Zealand’s best school.possible
  6. Mr Burt will give every kid an iPad on Friday.probable
  7. I will win the Duffy certificate this week.probable
  8. I will eat a piece of fruit this week.certain
  9. I will be kind to all my brothers, sisters or cousins tomorrow.certain
  10. KFC in GI will blow up at 10:32pm tonight!IMPOSSIBLE
  11. When Isara grows up he will be a famous model.probable
  12. The rugby team will win their next game.probable
  13. Everything I eat today will be yellow.unlikely
  14. A tree will fall on my neighbour’s house tomorrow morning.impossible
  15. Aliens will come from outer space and take Ms Tito to live with them.unlikely
  16. I will use my netbook at school this week.likely
  17. I have logged into my Google Account today.likely
  18. Tomorrow I will have different coloured hair.IMPOSSIBLE
  19. I will eat junk food sometime today.probable
John Key will announce next week that all teachers have been fired and replaced with monkeys! IMPOSSIBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment